Assisted Competitive Employment (ACE) and Supported Employment programs provide eligible individuals with a variety of employment-related supports including:
- Resume development, interviewing skills and job search assistance.
- On- and off-site job coaching.
- Ongoing support and advocacy designed to assist individuals with maintaining their employment.
For most adults, a career is an integral part of their identity, and how they focus a great deal of their energy each day. Although much progress has been made improving opportunities and access, there is a significantly higher rate of unemployment for people with mental health condition as compared to the rest of the population.
Since 1986, AccessCNY has provided supported employment services in conjunction with hundreds of employers across Central New York. Our employment consultants work closely with employers and individuals to match the best person to each specific job opening. As the individual becomes more familiar with their job, support from job coaches decreases to eventually allow maximum independence on the job.
AccessCNY’s Employment Services help identify each individual’s strengths, interests, goals, and needs. These services include the following:
- Develop a plan for successful job placement
- Match each person’s abilities to a specific job
- Encourage working relationships
- Follow-up when the employee needs help
- Secure financial incentives for both the employer and the employee
- Solve problems and helping to overcome barriers
- Public recognition of the employer’s efforts
- Ongoing training for the employee, employer and all co-worker
Ted Tepolt, M.S., C.E.S.P.
Director of Employment Services
Phone: 315-218-0856 | Fax: 315-478-3118
Individuals served need to have a designated mental health diagnosis, be 18 or older, and reside in Onondaga County. The ACE program is funded by the New York State Office of Mental Health.