The Supported Education program at AccessCNY provides support designed to:
- Help individuals with mental health issues to identify and achieve their educational goals.
- Determine which school or course of study will best suit the students’ goals.
- Assist with the application process, applications for financial aid, and course registration.
- Advocate for academic accommodations when appropriate.
- Develop time management and study skills.
- Provide continuing support throughout a student’s tenure in school.
The Supported Education program at AccessCNY supports adults with psychiatric disabilities as they fulfill their dreams of engaging in formal education. This spring, the program has celebrated as 8 of our students have reached educational milestones.
Five of the students earned an Associates degree from Onondaga Community College- one of those students also earned her high school diploma and a certificate in Human Services. Another of the students graduated Summa Cum Laude.
One of the eight earned her GED and completed the College Prep program at the SUNY Educational Opportunity Center (EOC). Another completed the College Prep program; both of those students will be entering OCC in the fall. One of our students completed the LiteracyCNY studies at EOC and will soon be participating in GED preparation classes. We would like to acknowledge the hard work of all of our students and to congratulate them on their accomplishments!
If you would like to learn more about supported education, read Patty’s Story.
Senior Program Manager
Phone: (315) 218-0850 | Fax: (315) 478-3118